Here are some two sentence reviews of the movies I watched in June.
- Movies watched – 7
- Movies that were new to me – 6
- Percent 2010s movies watched – 86%
- Monthly Masterpieces – Die Hard
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014) – Seems like there are maybe slightly fewer “here’s a joke for the parents'” moments than usual, but still pretty by the numbers plot-wise. And maybe I missed something, but how exactly is the bad guy controlling the Alpha-dragon?
- Monster High: Scaris, City of Frights (2012) – Nice to see my ghoul Claudia getting some time in the spotlight, and her winning personality carries a somewhat straight-forward and boring Monster High outing. The post-film mini-adventure is a good deal more entertaining and creative as the girls take the long way home.
- Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) – For all its bluster, the “naughty bits” (spoiler alert) amount to a bit of light spanking and a blindfold. As for the rest of the movie, she has screen presence, he has a bit more acting chops, but neither is able to do much with a script that feels far too rushed to be effective.
- Die Hard (1988) – Classic action movie that effortlessly puts all other action movies to shame. If you don’t get goosebumps during the final “Haaaans!” scene, there’s something wrong with you!
- Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy (2014) – This attempt to work more Peter Pan mythos into the Tinkerbell movies does little to advance Tink’s character development towards her jealous murdering self from the film, but it is still an amusing little story nonetheless. The power switching thing adds a lot of novelty to the usual story of the fairies rescuing another fairy.
- Like Water for Elephants (2011) – Fairly standard Rom-dram, with the Twilight guy seeming a little lost, but Witherspoon holding everything together admirably. The villainy of the bad guy is a bit over the top, but overall this pushes enough of the basic buttons for this type of movie to be a good time anyway.
- Monster High: Friday Night Frights (2013) – The girls prove that the school’s rollerblading team doesn’t have to be just guys as they take over to win Monster High’s “spirit trophy” back. Plotwise, this leaves a lot to be desired, but at least some of the training stuff is fun.
Know life into 42 1, slowly learned that someone else cares too often hurt themselves – 2, and slowly learned that their good people will be less and less as time goes by, – Slowly to know a person for themselves, because very few people actually care about you, have things they do not will be at your side. So you want to take care of themselves – Slowly to know, really, is not necessarily a good return, but you ignore the people who often may be the most important to you – 5 slowly before we know, many things are scarce, a lot of things only once – 6, slowly learned that love is not necessarily true, there may be interest, there may be psychological comparisons – Slowly to know, do not argue with others, because that is not the outcome, regardless of who is right – Slowly learned that many times their own unhappy experience, do not want sympathy, most people will take the cold retaliate That would Gengrang people look down on – 9, and slowly learned that there are many things that do not belong to you, you hard force to be subject to laid-off – 10, and slowly learned that may not make sense to do everything, but do everything to think it is a recall! – 11, and slowly learned that personality differences so great – 12, and slowly learned that many people had become the make you not recognize, but please retain memories. – 13, and slowly learned that, from now on should take every one you can grasp, and give up the person you are kept in a group of people do not want to retain individuals lose. – 14, slowly learned that he must care about their own self-esteem, your self-esteem in the eyes of others is nothing – 15, slowly know, do not feel bad temper of the people around them, want them to understand, people are not your parents, you can now understand how important parents – 16, and slowly learned that, even if it was emotional to see does not matter, you must firmly believe that the feelings between people, may make all things can not go beyond, but remember, it might – 17, and slowly he realized the reality so helpless. – 18, slowly learned that will face many of the people and things they dislike, but that has nothing to do with you, others love Zezheng will be with him, do not be gas should not be born, not worth, – 20, slowly learned that two people together who may not be friends, there may be nothing, – 21, slowly know, will encounter many temptations, no matter how others like you are you, you have your principles and your bottom line – 22, slowly learned that someone will hate you or make life difficult for you, but that he loved how on how to be generous, do not care about and villains, but only if you are correct – 23, and slow